In order to teach English with Magic Ears, you must:
- Have a big smile, a passion for teaching, and a love for kids
- Speak English at an idiomatic level
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in any subject, or be a student actively pursuing a
bachelor’s degree (must provide official transcript)
- Hold a 120-hour ESL Certification*
- Plus, ESL/teaching experience preferred
Basic Interview Information
- Online Application
- Interview Demo (Live or Recorded)
- Trial Demo
- Background Check
- Contract Offer
Magic Ears Format and Specifics
- Magic Ears is currently holding applications from California residents due to AB5 restrictions.
- Magic Ears offers a fully-accredited 120-hour Advanced TESOL course for just $20.
- We require a 6-month minimum commitment with no minimum teaching requirements.
- At the end of each 6-month period, your performance will be reviewed by your Development
Coach to determine whether or not you will receive a new contract offer.
- Magic Ears has a 1-on-4 (teacher-student) classroom model, and each class is 25 mins.
- Magic Ears ensures that each kid has sufficient interaction with the teacher as well as multiple
opportunities to interact with and learn from other students.
A camera with a resolution of at least 2 megapixels is considered high-quality and well-functioning. Simply put, the better camera, the more clearly students can see you.
Headset, with a Microphone
A comfortable noise-cancelling headset will make your teaching more enjoyable. A nice crisp sound will help students hear you better as well. Remember, for the most part, they try to repeat after you.
Parents and students love a professional and educational background. Having a bright and fun backdrop can attract and engage young students. We love vibrant colors, especially our orange, Teacher Tangerine.
Get that spotlight ready! Bright, happy spaces lead to bright, happy learners. We recommend a full-size selfie ring or clip-on selfie rings to eliminate shadows on your face.